Lumberjack’s breakfast casserole
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 1 h 20 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 375 g maple bacon
- 375 g pork breakfast sausages
- 750 g small “Tater tots” breakfast potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 15% country-style cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 15 sprigs fresh chives, finely chopped
- 200 g cheese curds
- A large handful of oreilles de crisse
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sausages and bacon on the baking sheet, put in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the bacon is crispy cooked and the sausages are browned. Flip halfway through cooking. Place the sausages and bacon on several paper towels, sponge the fat and chop everything coarsely. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish, place the potatoes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, put the eggs, cream, milk, cheddar, chives, bacon, sausages, season with salt and pepper then beat. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and mix lightly. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the eggs are set in the centre.
- Add the cheese curds and the oreilles de crisse and continue cooking for 10 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving!