Lobster roll with lemon aioli
- Preparation 20 min
- Refrigeration 20 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 2
- Freezing Absolument
- 2 medium lobsters, alive
- 250ml 1% sour cream
- Zest and juice from half a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter + a bit for the buns
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cup hearts of romaine salad, finely sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 submarine bread buns, sliced open lengthwise but still attached
- About 5 Tostitos chips, crushed in small crumbs
- Remove the elastic bands from the claws and cook the lobsters for 12 minutes in a big sauce pan ( or two ) filled with very salted boiling water. Pour in a strainer and let drain for about 5 minutes. Destroy the lobsters in order to extract the meat, coarsely chop and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the aioli! In a bowl, add the sour cream, zest, lemon juice and the garlic. Season with salt and pepper, stir well then throw in fridge for about 20 minutes.
- In the microwave, melt the butter in a small bowl for about 30 seconds. Add the tarragon, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir well and set aside.
- In a skillet at medium heat, add the lobster meat and the tarragon butter then cook for about 2-3 minutes to heat up and coat well! Turn off heat but keep warm.
- Meanwhile, baste the ins and outs of the buns with melted butter then lightly grill them in a pan ( or on the bbq ) at medium-high heat.
- Throw the salad, cheese and lobster meat in a big bowl then toss to combine.
- It’s now time to assemble your crazy snack! Spread about 2 teaspoons of aioli on each internal bun parts and then add a ton of lobster mix in it! Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Tostitos crumble on top then eat right away!