Linguine with roasted butternut squash
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 50 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 454 g Barilla Linguine
- 4 cups butternut squash (1 medium squash), diced
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves + a little for the service
- 1 cup finely grated Romano pecorino cheese + a little for the service
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the squash on a large baking sheet and drizzle with about 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then mix. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring once, until the squash is tender but still firm. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water, cook pasta al dente following the instructions on the package. Keep 1 cup of cooking water, pour pasta in a colander and drain. Add a thin stream of olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In the same large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, thyme and a thin stream of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add pasta and squash and toss to distribute.
- Add the cheese and 1/2 cup of cooking water. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Continue cooking for 2 minutes while stirring. Add little cooking water as needed. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh thyme and pecorino cheese!