- Preparation 10 min
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 3
- Freezing Je ne suggère pas
- 10 thick slices (400 g) of pancetta, diced
- Olive oil
- 454g fresh linguine
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups fresh parmesan, grated
- 1 cup pasta cooking water
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a big pan at medium heat, drizzle some olive oil and add the pancetta. Cook and stir regularly until crispy. Remove from heat and set aside as is.
- Meanwhile, bring a big quantity of water to a boil in a big sauce pan. Add some salt and cook the pasta as per the instruction on the box. When ready, drain and ***keep 1 cup of cooking water***!!! Do not rince them.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and parmesan with a fork. Set aside.
- Drop a small quantity of pasta with the pancetta and mix well to scrape those delicious flavors! Then, drop everything in the big sauce pan with the remaining pasta and heat at medium temp.
- Add the eggs/parmesan mix along with 1/3 cup of cooking water and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir often. Season with lots of pepper! Rectify the texture by adding a small quantity of cooking water if necessary, because the pasta will absorb liquid at a fast pace. Serve in a big bowl and garnish with a ton of fresh parmesan on top!