Legendary Tex Mex Pasta Salad
- Preparation 1 h
- Cooking 35 min
- Servings 6 à 8
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 500 g artisanal ricciole pasta by Favuzzi (or other ninja pasta of your choice)
- 250 g bacon slices
- 2 peeled corn
- Olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange pepper, diced
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup shredded Tex Mex cheese mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- The juice of 1 lime
- 5 to 6 shots of Tabasco
- 1 cup of Southwestern flavoured crispy tortilla strips
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large pot filled with boiling salted water, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Pour into a colander, rinse thoroughly under cold water and drain. Pour into a salad bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and place the bacon slices on top. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and crispy. Place on several sheets paper towel and press to remove as much fat as possible. Roughly chop and throw into the bowl.
- Preheat the BBQ to maximum power and reduce to medium power. Oil the grills. Place the corn on the heat and drizzle with a thin drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the corn is nicely grilled on all sides. Let cool for 10 minutes and cut the grains with a knife. Add to the bowl.
- With the exception of the tortilla strips, add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and add a drizzle of olive oil. Toss like a ninja and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes. Adjust the amount of mayonnaise if necessary. Add the tortilla strips, toss and serve immediately!