Legendary Rockefeller oysters
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 25 oysters
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 90 g Madagascar Pili Pili sausage by Saucissons 1546, diced
- 1/4 cup Lazer Lager beer by Dieu du Ciel! brewery
- 237ml of 15% country-style cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 142g baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 150g Le Vacherin cheese from Fromagerie Alexis de Portneuf cheese, grated
- 100g Le Houblonneux de l’Isle cheese from Fromagerie de l’Île-aux-Grues, grated
- 100 g Victor and Berthold cheese from the Fromagerie du Champ à la Meule, grated
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 25 Lucky Lime oysters (or similar), open
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large skillet heated over medium heat, melt the butter and add the shallots and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the beer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to reduce almost dry.
- Add the cream and nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the spinach, mix and cook for 1 to 2 minutes just to soften the spinach. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses and panko then pepper to taste. Pour half of the cheese mixture with the spinach and mix to melt.
- Preheat the oven to BROIL.
- Place the oysters on a large baking sheet and divide the spinach mixture on top. Distribute the cheese mixture on top.
- Place in the oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Let stand 2 minutes before serving !!!