Legendary chop suey
- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolument
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 big celery sticks, finely sliced
- 3 big garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 450 g of mixed ground veal/pork/beef
- 250 g chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 227 g white mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 cup brocoli cut in medium florets
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch diluted in 1/4 cup cold water
- 450 g bean sprouts, rinced and drained
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a big sauce pan a medium heat, add olive oil and onion, celery, garlic and ginger. Cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring to soften vegetables.
- Crank to medium-high heat, add ground beef and chicken then generously season with pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes or until meat is lightly pink.
- Reduce to medium heat and add bell peppers, mushrooms, brocoli, beef broth, soya sauce. Stir well, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until brocoli are soft.
- Add corn starch mix, stir well and cook 2 minutes to thicken a little.
- Add bean sprouts, stir and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately and add a ton of soya sauce !!!