Kraft Dinner sausages with smoked ham and sharp cheddar
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 2 boxes Kraft Dinner
- 3kg pork shoulder, skin removed, chopped
- 500 g (1 lb) old-fashioned smoked ham, skin removed, cut into small cubes
- 400 g (3 cups) extra sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Prepare Kraft Dinner according to package directions, but cook pasta until it is truly al dente. Let stand for 5 minutes. Pour mixture onto a large baking sheet and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a very large bowl, add ground pork, cheddar cheese, maple syrup and spices and mix well with your hands.
- Add Kraft Dinner and mix gently.
- Fill your sausages with your favourite stuffing machine (without re-shredding to keep the texture!) and make sure the casings are wet to facilitate the process.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place the sausages on a large baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through and nicely toasted, turning occasionally!