Italian sausages, dried tomatoes and arugula risotto
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 40 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 450g strong Italian sausages meat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth + 1/2 cup at the end
- 1 cup Blanche de Chambly beer from Unibroue
- 1 cup fresh parmesan, grated + some for the service
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes in olive oil and herbs. drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup arugula + some for the service
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a skillet a medium heat, add the olive oil and sausage meat. Cook for 4-5 minutes while breaking down meat in small chunks. Drain off fat then set aside.
- In a big pan at medium heat, melt the butter and add the shallots. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, without searing. Stir often.
- Add the arborio rice and stir to coat well. Cook for 1 minute. Add the white wine and stir well. Reduce until dry.
- Continue cooking while adding 3/4 cup of chicken broth at a time, while reducing until dry every time. Very important to stir regularly. ( Add the beer to the risotto when you’re at about half of the broth ). If the liquid is absorbing or evaporating too fast, reduce heat slightly. This cooking should take about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Rice cooking is completed? Remove from heat and add the Parmesan, dried tomatoes, arugula and sausage meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste then stir well. Right before serving, add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and stir delicately. Risotto needs to be served creamy as hell! Pour in plates then garnish with Parmesan and arugula right before serving.
*Note : Risotto is good when al dente : tender outside and slightly firm inside. You might not need all the broth to achieve the required cooking.