Hot artichoke and spinach dip
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 35 min
- Servings 6 to 8
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml or about 200 g) grated Mont Jacob cheese (or other semi-soft ripened cheese)
- 1 cup (250 ml or about 150 g) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 jars (340 ml) artichokes in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz (half a package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) compact baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) MAG mayonnaise (the best)
- 2 tablespoons (15 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Italian spices
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, place half of the Parmesan and Mont Jacob cheese, followed by the remaining ingredients, season with pepper to taste and mix well, crushing the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, spread well and then spread the remaining cheese.
- Place the baking dish on the baking sheet (to avoid spilling into the bottom of your oven), place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. BROIL for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving with bread, vegetables and your favourite crackers!