Honey and ginger glazed pork strips
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sriracha
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 large pork tenderloins (800 g), cut into thick slices and then into strips
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) orange zest
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) grated ginger
- 2 sliced green onions for serving
- In a bowl, mix together the honey, sriracha, and rice vinegar.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat up some vegetable oil.
- Add the pork strips and brown on each side for 3-4 minutes. Generously salt and pepper and set aside on a plate. Add more oil as needed.
- Lower the heat to medium and add a little more vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and orange zest and cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Increase the heat to high and add the sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes until it is thick like hot honey.
- Add the pork and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, to thicken the sauce and coat the pork well.
- Serve over rice and top with green onions.