Homemade raviolis with pears, ricotta, Swiss chard and shiitake mushrooms
- Preparation 30 min
- Refrigeration 20 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 fresh pasta dough, rolled out very thin ( size 5 on Kitchen Aid pasta kit)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup pears, peeeled and finely chopped
- 1 pack ( 114g ) shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Swiss chard ( mix of leaves and stems ), finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons Éphémère Pear beer from Unibroue
- 475g 2% ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Fresh aragula
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly grilled dry
- 1/3 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- In a big pan at medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallot and pears then cook for 5 minutes while stirring often.
- Crank heat a bit higher and add mushrooms, Swiss chard and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with the beer and cook to reduce until dry. Remove from heat, transfer to a big bowl and let cool down for about 15-20 minutes on the counter.
- Add the ricotta, garlic salt and season with pepper! Stir well, taste and fix seasonning if necessary. Throw in the fridge for 15-20 minutes so that the mix get cold and harder which will make your life easier!
- Form your raviolis with your favorite tool, seal them and flour them on both sides. Place on a tray and keep in the fridge until lunch time!
- Bring a big quantity of salted water to a boil then reduce heat. We want to add the raviolis when slowly boiling to make sure they don’t open because they may be fragile! Cook for about 5-6 minutes then pour in a strainer. Drain well.
- Pour un a big bowl and add a good drizzle of olive on top. Stir delicately to coat them.
- Add a big handful of fresh aragula followed by the grilled pine nuts and pecorino cheese. Season with lots of pepper and toss everything! Split into bols, cover with freshly grated pecorino cheese then eat right away!