Homemade Hamburger Helper®
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut in mini cubes (1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 big garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in mini cubes (1 cup)
- 1 lb medium-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- One can (398ml) Hunts tomato sauce
- 450g uncooked rotini
- 2 cups sharp cheddar grated
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a big sauce pan at medium heat, add olive oil along with carrots, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, stir then cook for 5 minutes while stirring often.
- Add the zucchini and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly pink. Drain off fat.
- Except for the cheese, add the rest on the ingredients then season with salt and pepper. Stir well, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta are cooked al dente. ***If all liquid is evaporated but pastas are not cooked entirely, add about 1/4 cup milk, stir then continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir to melt and serve immediately! You want it even creamier? Pour some more milk then stir again!