Grilled pineaples with rum and maple syrup
- Preparation 15 min
- Refrigeration 30 min
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1 fresh pinneaple, skin cleaned and cut in 1 cm thick slices
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown rhum
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Handful fresh mint
- Put the pinneaple slices in a big tupperware container. Pour the rhum and maple syrup over then shake gently. Put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the BBQ at 400°c.
- Drop the slices on the hot grill and smell those awesome flavours! Pour the remaining juice on top of everything. Sprinkle with cinnamon everywhere! Your face, your eyes, your neighbor…
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes or until there is a good coloration, then rotate 45 degrees to create a nice grill mark. Cook another 2 minutes then flip over. Let cook another 3-4 minutes then remove from heat!
- Serve in a big plate and add 2 or 3 balls of ice cream. Throw some fresh mint on top and eat like there is no tomorrow.