Grilled haloumi with diced tomatoes
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 4x 160 g plain halloumi cheese, room temperature, drained
- Olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- Spicy olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large non-stick skillet heated over medium heat, pour a thin drizzle of olive oil and add with the halloumi cheeses. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown all over. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, season with salt and pepper and add a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well.
- Place the halloumi cheeses in small plates and distribute the tomato mixture on top! Add a small drizzle of spicy oil if desired and serve immediately!