Greek salad with quinoa
- Preparation 50 min
- Refrigeration 30 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1 cup quinoa, rinced and drained
- Olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups lebanese cucumber, diced
- 3 firm red tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 540ml red kidney beans, very well rinced
- 200g low-sodium feta, diced
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- A big handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried origano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a sauce pan at medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the quinoa. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, season with salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until water is evaporated and that the quinoa is cooked tender but still a bit crunchy in the middle. Pour in a fine strainer, rince generously under cold water then drain well.
- Pour all the ingredients in a big salad bowl along with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then toss well. Reserve in fridge for 30 minutes before serving!