Gnocchi gratin with smoked ham, broccoli and chorizo
- Preparation 35 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 6 to 8
- Freezing Absolutely
- 2 cups broccoli cut in small florets, blanched
- 1 kg gnocchi
- 1 leek white part, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125 g PEPE sausage from the Pork Shop Charcutiers (or chorizo), diced
- 450 g smoked ham rind removed, diced
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 2 cups (300 g) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 200 g Tomme au cidre de pomme raclette cheese
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to GRILL.
- In a small saucepan, steam the broccoli for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked but still crisp. Rinse thoroughly with cold water to stop cooking and drain. Set aside.
- In a large pot filled with boiling salted water, cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Pour into a colander, rinse thoroughly under cold water and drain. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan heated over medium heat, add the leek, garlic, sausage, ham, add a good drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 7 to 8 min.
- Add the butter and melt while stirring. Add the flour, mix and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the milk, wine, Italian spices and whisk to break up any lumps. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat, add the cheddar and mix to melt. Add the gnocchi and broccoli and mix gently.
- Pour into a large baking dish and place the raclette cheese slices on top. Place in the oven and bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown! Let stand 5 minutes before eating.