Garden tomato tart with goat cheese
- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 454g phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 chive springs, finely chopped
- Provences herbs
- 140g soft unripened goat cheese
- About 2 red tomatoes, slices
- About 2 yellow tomatoes, slices
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes whole
- 2 big garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125g ripened goat cheese (in log), cut in thick slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchmen paper.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and olive oil. Place a sheet of phyllo on the parchment paper then lightly brush it with the butter/oil mix. (Keep a very humid towel over the rest of the phyllo dough in order to keep it from drying). Place another sheet on top and brush it again with the mix. Repeat the process for the rest of the dough. Fold the sides to form a crust.
- Sprinkle the dough with Provences herbs then add half of the chive. Spread the unripened goat cheese.
- Place the tomatoes on top followed by the garlic and goat cheese slices. Add a drizzle of olive oil, the rest of the chive then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden. Remove from the oven then let rest for a couple of minutes before cutting and serving