Flank steak grilled cheese with arugula, spicy mayo and raclette cheese
- Preparation 25 min
- Refrigeration 3 h
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 2
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 450 g flank steak
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (30 ml) honey
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) chipotle pepper powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Ingredients for the sandwich
- 4 slices of bread from a large Belgian loaf
- 125 g Raclette de Portneuf cheese, sliced
- 125 g Cantonnier St-Raymond cheese, sliced
- About 1 cup (250 ml) baby arugula
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- In a bowl, with the exception of the flank steak, put the ingredients for the dry marinade and mix.
- Put the flank steak in a large airtight dish, sprinkle generously with dry marinade, pour a good drizzle of olive oil and massage to coat well. Close the dish and refrigerate for 3 hours. Remove the flank steak from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- In a bowl, put the ingredients for the mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper and mix. Reserve in the fridge.
- In a ridged cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, pour a thin drizzle of olive oil and add the flank steaks. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Place on a plate, cover tightly with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- On the bottom buns, spread a good amount of sauce and put half the slices of cheese. Divide the steak slices, add the arugula and the rest of the cheese. Spread a good amount of sauce on the top buns and close.
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt half the butter and add the sandwiches. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Melt the rest of the butter, flip the grilled cheese and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve!