Farfalles with sautéed Brussel sprouts, Romano cheese and mozzarina
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 500g farfalle
- Olive oil
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts cut in juliennes
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cups Romano cheese finely grated + some for service
- 250g fresh mozzarina cheese, torn apart in small chunks by hand
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a big sauce pan filled with boiling salted water, cook the farfalle Al dente following instructions on the box. Pour in a strainer (BUT KEEP 1 CUP COOKING WATER), drain well then add a drizzle of olive oil. Toss, throw back in the sauce pan then set aside.
- In a large skillet at medium high-heat, add about 3 tablespoons olive oil and the Brussels sprouts then stir well. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Add the lemon zest, fresh thyme, white wine and stir well. Continue cooking for 2 minutes to reduce dry. Pour in the sauce pan with the pasta.
- Add the Romano cheese, 1/2 cup cooking water and add pepper to taste. Stir well then continue cooking for 2 minutes, while stirring, to melt cheese.
Close heat, add the mozzarina cheese and stir well. Set aside for 2 minutes and serve right away ! Add a ton of Romano cheese on top ! Keep the rest of the cooking water for your lunches the next day !