Fajita-style chicken and cheese farfalle
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 30 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 454 g farfalle by Stefano Faita (GO GO LOCAL PRODUCTS)
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 450 g chicken breast, diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 300 g (2 1/2 cups) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 fresh chives sprigs, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large pot filled with boiling salted water, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Pour into a colander, drain, add a thin drizzle of olive oil and toss. Set aside.
- In a large pot heated over medium heat, add the onion and garlic, then add a drizzle of olive oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the chicken and spices, add a drizzle of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring.
- Add the peppers and mix. Cook, 3 to 4 minutes, until the peppers are cooked but still crispy.
- Add the milk and cheese and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes to melt everything. Season with salt and pepper generously like a ninja. Garnish with chives when serving!