Duck confit with honey beer sautéed apples crostinis
- Preparation 40 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 30 crotinis
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1/3 cup olive oil + some for the service
- 1 teaspoon Provence herbs
- 1 bread baguette, cut in 1 cm thick slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 small Cortland apples, peeled and cored, diced
- 2 duck confit legs (280g total) cooked (and hot), meat pulled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Lune de Miel beer by Unibroue (or any other honey beer)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil and Provence herbs. Season with salt and pepper then wisk well to combine. Place the bread slices on a big cooking tray then lightly brush with the oil on both sides. Wisk the oil ofter in order to always get spices!
- Place in the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a big skillet at medium heat, melt the butter and add the apples. Toss well and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add the duck, beer and thyme then season with pepper. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid! Make sure you leave a small amount of liquid so you don’t end up with dry duck! Remove from heat.
- Place the bread sliced on a nice serving plate then ad the duck mix on all the croutons. Add a drizzle of olive oil on top of them and serve immediately!