Detroit-style pan pizza
- Preparation 1 h 25 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoon active traditional yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 320 g (about 2 1/2 cups) shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1 1/2 cup marinara sauce by Stefano Faita
- Garlic salt
- 100 g cacciatore sausage, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, put the water, yeast and sugar and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a large bowl, put the flour, Italian spices and salt then mix. Pour the water and yeast mixture into the flour and mix to form a dough.
- In the bowl, knead the dough for 5 minutes until it is elastic and no longer sticks to your hands. Lightly oil a large bowl with olive oil, put the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hour in a place away from cold drafts.
- Preheat the oven to 550°F.
- In a baking sheet about 12”x18” with high sides, pour a good drizzle of olive oil and spread with your fingers. Put the dough and spread to the corners.
- Spread the cheese, pour the sauce and spread on top then sprinkle with a little garlic salt to taste. Add the sausage slices.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.