Decadent rustic bread
- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 45 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Belgian type white fruity beer
- 2 pinches dried thyme
- 1 big round bread loaf 500g, cut in crosshatch but keeping the base
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 5 cooked bacon slices, cut in 3 chunks each
- 10 chive sprigs, finely chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat over at 400°F.
- In a big skillet at medium heat, add the olive oil and onions. Slowly cook for 6 minutes while stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. Add the beer and thyme, stir well and continue cooking for 6 minutes to reduce liquid. Remove from heat.
- Put the butter and garlic in a bowl and melt in the microwave for 45 seconds. Add the parsley and stir. Pour the mix in the bread making sure you spread those cut parts!
- Push half of the cheese in those cracks followed by the onions. Do the same for the rest of the cheese then shove the bacon in those cracks!
- Put the bread on an aluminium sheet then wrap bottom and sides. Add another sheet on top, cover tightly then place on a cooking tray. Put in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove top sheet and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes until top is crispy. Garnish with chive and dig in with your favorite fork!