Curry rice with chicken, shrimp and vegetables
- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 30 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- Olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 Nantes carrots, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 350 g boneless and skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Provence herbs
- 340 g raw shrimp size 41-50, peeled and tails removed
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 200 g sweet peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup chopped cashews + a little for serving
- The juice of 1/2 lemon + a little for serving
- A small handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped + a little for serving
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a saucepan heated over medium-low heat, add the rice with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add water, mix and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the water absorbed. Remove from heat, stir and let stand, covered.
- In a large pot heated over medium-low heat, place the onion, garlic, ginger and add a good drizzle of olive oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the carrots, celery and a small drizzle of olive oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the chicken, curry, honey, oregano, Provence herbs, season generously with salt and pepper and mix. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp are pink.
- Add the zucchini, pepper and sweet peas then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat, add the rice, cashews, cilantro and lemon juice then mix. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Serve then garnish with cashews, fresh cilantro and drizzle with lemon juice!