Crazy good fettuccine puttanesca
- Preparation 5 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 450g fettuccine
- Olive oil
- 1 cup good quality black olive, coarsely chopped
- 7 small anchovies fillets, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat parsley, coarsely chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 can ( 796ml ) of San Marzano tomatoes with basil leaves
- Fresh pecorino ou parmesan, grated
- In a big sauce pan filled with salty boilling water, cook the pasta al dente as per instructions on the box. Pour in a strainer, rince with cold water and drain well. Coat with olive oil, stir and set aside.
- In a sauce pan at medium temp, heat a drizzle of olive oil and add the olives, anchovies, capers, garlic, hot pepper and half of the fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper then cook while stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomatoes and break apart in small chunks with your hands. Stir well and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the pasta along with the rest of the parsley then cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring, just enough to heat everything and to coat the pasta with the crazy good sauce! Serve in big bowls, throw a ton of freshly grated cheese on top and garnish with some parsley!