Cranberry and blood orange muffins
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 12 muffins
- Freezing Absolutely
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 2 blood oranges
- The juice of 2 blood oranges (1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup plain kefir by Liberté
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line the muffin pan with parchment paper or silicone moulds.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt then mix.
- In another large bowl, put the butter and brown sugar and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, orange zest and juice, and kefir, then whisk for 2 minutes. Add the cranberries and mix.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, mixing gently with a wooden spoon just enough to wet the dry ingredients.
- Divide between muffin cups and place in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry when pierced in the centre.