Couscous with fish and vegetables
- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 6 to 8
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 3 Nantes carrots, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced thinly and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet harissa
- 2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1.5 lb haddock, cut into large pieces
- 540ml chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cup medium couscous
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a skillet over medium heat, add onion, garlic, pepper and carrots followed by a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and mix. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add celery, zucchini and cabbage followed by a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and mix. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the tomato paste, the harissa, the spices, the lemon juice and the white wine, then season with salt and pepper. Stir and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes to reduce dry. Pour the mixture into a large saucepan. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat over medium-high heat, add the fish and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring gently, until the fish is cooked. Pour into the large saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan over high heat then add the chickpeas, raisins and vegetable broth. Mix, cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, add the couscous and stir. Cover and let stand 5 minutes then mix gently to fluff. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges!