Chicken satay with Asian peanut sauce
- Preparation 30 min
- Refrigeration 3 h
- Cooking 8 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grilled sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup skinless unsalted toasted peanuts
- 700 g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 20 wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- In the bowl of a blender, add all the ingredients except the chicken and puree until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large airtight dish and pour half of the sauce. Close the dish, mix and reserve in the fridge for 3 hours. Skewer the chicken.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum power. Oil the grates.
- Place the skewers on the heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked. Generously baste with the fresh marinade. Serve immediately and garnish with chives.