Chicken and red wine alphabet soup
- Preparation 35 min
- Cooking 40 min
- Servings 6 to 8
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 cup (250 ml) uncooked alphabet pasta
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 2 cans 798 ml diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- 5 cups (1.2 l) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) red wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried oregano
- 300 g chicken breast, finely chopped
- A large piece of fresh Parmesan, about 8 cm
- 1 cup (250 ml) green beans cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (250 ml) cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) frozen corn
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Pour into a colander, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and drain. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the celery and carrots and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, wine, tomato paste, spices, chicken, Parmesan, season with salt and pepper and mix. Cover, bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the pasta and mix. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary !