Cherry ice cream sandwiches dipped in white chocolate
- Preparation 15 min
- Refrigeration 1 h 15
- Cooking 5 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 8 butter waffles from Jules Destrooper (I had to buy 2-3 packs to get 8 intact ones. They won’t last long anyway !)
- 4 scoops cherry ice cream
- 200g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans
- In a pan at medium-high heat, grill the pecans for 3-4 minutes to bring out the flavors. Place on a cutting board, let cool down then chop. Set aside.
- In a big plate, place the ice cream scoops and let cool down 2-3 minutes so that they get softer. Using the back of a plate, squish the scoops so that they get as large as the waffles.
- Place the ice cream between the waffles and GENTLY press to stick together. Be extra careful since the waffles are very fragile. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and reserve in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate using a bain-marie for 3-4 minutes while stirring often. Keep warm.
- Remove sandwiches from freezer and spread the white chocolate on both sides but on half of the waffles. Sprinkle with pecan then gently press to make them stick to the chocolate. Place on the parchment paper and reserve in the freezer for 1 hour. Enjoy and I suggest you have plenty of paper towels because it will get messy !