Cherry clafoutis with Black Forest ale beer
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 50 min
- Servings 8
- Freezing Absolutely
- 600 g frozen cherries, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons Black Forest Ale beer by Unibroue
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup 15% country-style cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- Icing sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a skillet heated over medium high heat, melt the butter, add the cherries, maple syrup and beer. Mix. Cook, stirring constantly, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream, flour, brown sugar, vanilla and almond extract, eggs and salt. Whisk for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Place the cherries in a 9 ”x 13” baking dish and spread. Pour the egg mixture over the cherries and place in the oven. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the custard is cooked in the centre. Garnish with icing sugar and serve. It is also good hot, warm or cold!