Carrot and ginger soup
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 1 h
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing Absolument
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- 1 kg Nantes carrots tails cut off, sliced
- About 3 cups chicken broth + a little for the end
- 15% country-style cream, for serving
- Finely chopped fresh chives, for serving
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and ginger then drizzle some olive oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the carrots, season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover with chicken broth, season with salt and pepper and mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until carrots are cooked and fork tender. Puree and add a little chicken broth to adjust the texture if necessary. Serve in bowls, drizzle with cream and garnish with fresh chives!