Caramilk turnovers with fleur de sel and caramelized pears
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 35 min
- Servings 9 turnovers
- Freezing Absolutely
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 Bartlett pears, diced
- 500 g thawed puff pastry, cold
- 4 Caramilk chocolate bars, separated (you need 36 pieces)
- Fleur de sel
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line one (or two) baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a skillet heated over medium-low heat, melt the butter, add the maple syrup and pears. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes until the syrup has evaporated and the pears are tender. Stir from time to time. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll down the puff pastry into a 30 cm by 30 cm square then cut into 9 squares.
- Put 4 pieces of chocolate per square of dough, 2 pinches of fleur de sel and distribute the caramelized pears.
- Lightly brush the edges of the squares with the egg mixture and close in a triangle. Seal with a fork and place on the baking sheet. Brush the top with the egg.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown!