Bbq grilled shrimp skewers
- Preparation 15 min
- Refrigeration 3 h
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 20 giants shrimps with shells, uncooked ( or 40 regulars without shell )
- 20 wood skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- Juice of a lime
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha ( optional )
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a big airtight container, add the shrimps and pour the rest of the ingredients on top. Season with salt and pepper then stir well. Cover and reserve in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the BBQ at 400°F.
- Skewer the shrimps solidly and cook on the hot grill! Right away, pour the rest of the marinade on top of everything. For the small shrimps, they cook fast. Ready as soon as they get a nice pink color, about 2 minutes on each side. As for the giant ones, I would say about 3-4 minutes on each side! Serve right away. Don’t forget to slurp the juice in the heads!