BBQ grilled lobsters with homemade lemon and fine herbs butter
- Preparation 30 min
- Refrigeration 20 min
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- Leaves from 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon frech chive, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Zest from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and ground pepper
- 4 lobsters from Magdalen Islands, fresh, alive and smiling
- Sea salt
- Lemon wedges
- Place the butter in a bowl and leave on the counter for about 30 minutes to make it soft.
- Add the fresh spices, zest and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper. Stir well then pour in the center of a square cellophane paper.
- Bring the lower part of the plastic wrap over the top and form a log while pushing with your hands. Roll tight then throw in the fridge for 20 minutes!
- Bring a big pan ( or two ) of very salted water to a boil. Place the lobsters in the water and cook for 8 minutes. Pour lobsters in a strainer and drain for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat your BBQ at 500°F then reduce fire intensity a bit.
- With your biggest and most sharpened knife, cut the lobsters in half lenghtwise in the center, starting with the tail ( from the center going out ) then finishing by the head. Be firm but gentle at the same time, you do not want your lobsters to explode in 47 pieces! Clean out the tomalley (green stuff) from the body.
- Melt half of your homemade butter then bring it with you at the BBQ. On a well oiled grill, place the lobsters flesh side down and cook for 3 minutes. Flip then generously baste the meat with the legendary lemon butter! Cook for another 2 minutes and you’ll be good to go. Cooking time might vary depending on lobster size.
- Throw in some plates, add a slice of butter on the lobsters and serve with lemon wedges!
*Very important trick : Try not to give names to your lobsters, this will make the cooking process MUCH easier. ( R.I.P. Poutchie )