Bagels with eggs in the hole
- Preparation 10 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 2
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 4 big eggs
- 2 multigrain bagels, cut in half
- Butter or margerine
- 65g PEPE sausages from Les Charcutiers Pork Shop, cut in small cubes
- Parmesan shavings
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Cut the bagels holes in order to form a nice and big hole. Butter the inside of the bagels.
- In a big oven proof pan at medium-high heat, place the bagels buttered side down and grill for a couple of minutes until nicely colored.
- Meanwhile, in another pan at medium heat, add the sausage cubes and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until lightly crispy. Keep warm.
- Flip the bagels and break in the eggs in the center. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Place pan in the oven and cook for a couple of minutes until desired doneness. The goal is to have a soft and runny center so do not over cook it!
- Remove from oven and serve in plates. Sprinkle some paprika on the eggs then split the sausage cubes on top. Garnish with parmesan shavings and fresh thyme leaves!