Asian noodles with vegetables
- Preparation 40 min
- Cooking 30 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 500g asian noodles Yet Ca Mein (wheat and eggs)
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc mam) + a bit for serving
- 2 cups Nantes carrots, cut in juliennes
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Canola oil
- 5 cups brocoli, cut in medium heads
- 1 teaspoon grilled sesame oil
- 20 white mushrooms (300g), cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds + a bit for service
- 1/4 tamari soy sauce (Kikkoman) + a bit for service
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- Ground pepper
- In a big pan filled with salty boiling water, cook the noodles following instruction on the box. Throw in a strainer, rince with cold water and drain well. Splash with some olive oil and 2 tablespoons fish sauce then toss to coat well. Set aside.
- In the same pan at medium heat, add 2 tablespoons canola oil then add carrots, garlic and onion. Cook 3-4 minutes while stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
- Still in the same pan at medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons canola oil and sesame oil. Cook while stirring often for 5-7 minutes to grill the brocoli heads. Add some oil if needed.
- Lower heat to medium then add mushrooms, cooked vegetables, soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame seeds and season with pepper. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes to cook the mushrooms.
- Add the noodles, small quantity at a time, and toss well to combine. Cook 2-3 minutes to heat well! Split in bowls and garnish with scallion and sesame seeds. Add nuoc mam and soy sauce to taste!